:: Baez big oredi May 30, 2008Posted by Minci 先生 in Everyday Life.
Happy Birthday to Baez/Momok Sparta..
How long have we been friends? I’m pretty sure it was several birthdays. Only this year, I have to apologize, I havent sent you neither a card or a present. Damn the Exams. Nad, get your club. We’re going to beat Exams inside out to the pulp!
Maybe once I’ve washed my hands off Exams blood, I’ll pick something up from the shops and airmail it to you. If not, I’ll treat you to a meal when we go back home to serve our country as docs. Insya-Allah. Oh yah.. good luck for your results too!!
Hence I am baking you this cake to make up for the absence of a card and present. You and the other EvilMind [read: nad nad] are never far from my thoughts.😉
The cake I have here is Choc Chip Coffee Cake. Interestingly, there is no coffee in the recipe. Just to describe that you eat this cake with coffee.
115g butter, softened
200g white sugar
230g sour cream
310g all-purpose flour
5ml vanilla extract
7g baking powder
5g baking soda
170g semi-sweet choc chips
100g white sugar
2g ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven 350F (175C). grease pan.
2. Bowl A : Flour + baking powder + baking soda
3. Bowl B : Butter + sugar (200g) first. then add in eggs + sour cream + vanilla. Mix well
4. Add Bowl A. it will be a thick batter
5. Bowl C : Choc chip + sugar (100g although could do with less) + cinnamon
6. Spread half of batter in pan. Then sprinkle with layer of Bowl C. Spread the remaining batter. Sprinkle the rest of Bowl C.
7. Bake for 25-30 mins or until you’re pretty sure it’s baked!
You can only break the rules once you’ve learnt them. I’m a novice in baking, therefore I followed the rules. Step by step. Well, most of them. Towards the end, I had to increase the heat and baking time. Took me like 45 minutes.
The next time I bake this, I’d probably consider cutting down on the sugar. The cake was admittedly a bit too sweet. Heh.
Here’s how it turned out.
Looks like a big chipsmore. Not worthy to be displayed at Secret Recipe. Ha ha
I just had to show part of my apron.😛
A slice for everybody