:: Buying baju raya August 30, 2008Posted by Minci 先生 in Everyday Life.
Dad gave me money today – to buy Raya stuff he said. Wow.. Im getting another baju kurung siap!! My first ‘beli’ pair was actually the gold baju kurung I wore during my best friends wedding. And now I get to buy another pair. Best rupanya pakai baju kurung siap. Muat-muat.
Prior to this, Mother made our baju kurung and baju melayu. She taught me how to make it some time ago but due to lack of practice, I have forgotten. Now her eyes cant see the needles that good anymore and so for the last few years, she’s been sending kain to her friends to jahit. But I never quite like it with these tailors. Sometimes when we’ve given them a baju contoh to follow, they would sesuka hati besarkan sikit saiz baju. Either lebarkan or labuhkan. Helloooo.. I cannot grow any taller ok. Fat can.. but I’d rather not. Which reminds me.. I have to get some trainers.
So yah.. Im pretty excited to choose what I want;
1. What colour this year?
2. Which colour have I not got?
3. Should it be simple or rambu-ramba?
4. If gempak, can I wear it for everyday use? Or keep it for special occasions?
5. Will it be a normal baju kurung, kebaya, kurung moden, baju kurung pahang?
6. Seksa or sopan? LOL.. obviously demure.
7. What sort of kain?
8. Where’s a good place to go apart from PKNS? Oh yah..sis said ‘First Lady’.
Hmm.. bestnya pau duit bapak. Ha ha ha. Maybe I could get a pair of new jeans as well with the extras.