:: Butterfly Award October 17, 2008Posted by Minci 先生 in Just For Fun.
Tags: 13may, butterfly award, butterfly symbolics, jet wasaii
According to the “Butterflies” chapter in Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things, by Lafcadio Hearn, a butterfly is seen as the personification of a person’s soul; whether they be living, dying, or already dead.
One Japanese superstition says that if a butterfly enters your guestroom and perches behind the bamboo screen, the person whom you most love is coming to see you. However, large numbers of butterflies are viewed as bad omens.
The Russian word for “butterfly”, бабочка (bábochka), also means “bow tie”. It is a diminutive of “baba” or “babka” (= “woman, grandmother, cake”, whence also “babushka” = “grandmother”.
The Ancient Greek word for “butterfly” is ψύχη (psȳchē), which primarily means “soul”, “mind”.
In Chinese culture two butterflies flying together are a symbol of love. Also a famous Chinese folk story called Butterfly Lovers.
In some old cultures, butterflies also symbolize rebirth into a new life after being inside a cocoon for a period of time.
Some people say that when a butterfly lands on you it means good luck.
However, in Devonshire, people would traditionally rush around to kill the first butterfly of the year that they see, or else face a year of bad luck.
The above are just little nugget of thoughts about butterflies. Most importantly, I’d like to thank Daju for the Butterfly Award. Thank you my dear. It says on the picture ‘coolest blog’ hence now.. in spreading the joy of blogging, here are the nominees for Minci’s Butterfly Award ;
[camera focuses out from me in a black cocktail dress to the large screen, music and montage playing in the background]
- Jet Wasaii [shows KakJet in a female police officer uniform, ala2 Gerak Khas]
– Its been a while since she last updated her blog. I miss her beautiful writings a lot. There’s comfort in reading her ‘isen dalam Bahasa Melayu’.
- 13 May [shows MayMay who is trying his best to cover his face with his hands]
*Oi.. kalau kau dah pernah dianugerahkan award nih, anggaplah diri tuh macam Datuk Siti yang menggondol anugerah Bintang Popular saban tahun*
Once accepted, please do the following if you wish:
1. Put the logo on your blog;
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you;
3. Nominate any number of blog you want to share this award with.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours;
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
Let’s spread the joy of blogging and warmth of friendship through this Butterfly Award. Please accept the award and happy blogging.